Want to be a part of an exciting startup and be instrumental in growing something that makes an impact?
Come join us at Engage Young Adult Transitions
Engage is seeking full-time and part-time staff to be trained as Life Coaches in Cedar City, UT.
Who We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate is relationally minded and believes through connection we thrive. A confident personality who enjoys working side by side with struggling college-age adults is a must. We’re looking for engaging individuals that can help cultivate and be actively contributing to an environment that promotes security, exploration, and connection. Having a growth mindset is more important than already being good at all the job requirements, being willing to learn and try new skills is the key.
Who You Will Be Working With
You will be working directly with the Executive Director, Jack Hinman Psy.D, and the Director of Student Life, Brea Bernarducci. Jack has 15+ years of experience in the field of mental health working with young people as a psychologist and a director at several treatment programs. Jack created Engage with a vision for young adults struggling with mental concerns to thrive in a fun and engaging therapeutic environment. He loves mountain biking and being active outside with his family. Brea has a decade of experience in the wilderness therapy and outdoor industry. She is excited to take on the role of hiring and training staff and providing a variety of scheduled activities on a weekly basis. Brea loves to play outside and gets excited to talk about personal growth and philosophy, over tea and snacks.
Who We Are
Engage is a young adult transition program located footsteps away from Southern Utah University in Cedar City. We are a therapeutic environment for young adults struggling with attachment distress and relational trauma that is often creating emotional and relationship challenges. Engage’s clinically supported environment is driven by principles of attachment while understanding the developmental needs of young adults. Through Engage’s therapists and certified life coaches, our young adults can experience stronger emotional connections and develop new responses to familiar relationship challenges.
What Engage Will Do for You
Working at Engage will change you. Engage will provide consistent training and coaching in a supportive environment based on feedback and honest communication. You will learn the skills and confidence to help adults find their footing and learn the life skills needed to live independently. As you foster connection and community, you will inevitably be working on your own relationships with yourself and others. You will witness young adults being vulnerable and pushing themselves to grow, and you will be given the chance to do the same. You will teach what you know, and learn a whole lot about things you don’t know yet. After a year or more of working with us, our staff will be well suited to do a plethora of other jobs in the mental health industry; including graduate school, in-patient treatment, etc as well as leave with a WholeFit Life Coaching certification.
Ideal Candidates Attributes
- Embodies Engage’s values of connection, attachment-driven, honoring developmental growth, curiosity-minded, attunement, radical ownership, and health.
- Passionate for the outdoors, active lifestyle, and community service.
- Is adventurous. Open to learning new skills and participating in skiing, mountain biking, hiking, getting out there, and having a growth mindset.
- Professional and healthy in managing their life and relationships.
- Ability to see people for who they are, their potential, and where they can be.
- Excellent at connecting and communicating with others, detail-oriented, able to work independently and on a close team, takes radical ownership of the role
- Values authenticity and participates in a work culture of honesty, open communication, and feedback.
- Reports to the Director of Student Life.
- Complete WholeFit Life Coaching Level 1 and Level 2 certifications that will be paid for and provided by Engage.
- Mentor and coach college-age students with depression and anxiety to gain confidence and skills in developing independence.
- Provide direct observation and support to Engage’s young adults.
- Work side-by-side and actively participate with the young adults in their daily schedule and activities, such as physical exercise, community service, job searching, life skills, and executive functioning skills, just to name a few.
- Provide daily client progress charting
- In conjunction with the leadership team, respond to and support clients in crisis
- Work collaboratively with therapists, other life coaches, and the Cedar City community
- Conduct weekly Life Coaching sessions with your assigned clients
- Participate in weekly trainings and team meetings
- Take on responsibilities and projects with radical ownership, complete tasks, and chores throughout your shift
- Manage time while on shift to complete necessary planning for future shifts
- Use your own creativity to teach and demonstrate hobbies and lifestyle skills during scheduled classes.
- Help manage young adult weekly schedules and activity planning
- Transport young adults to necessary destinations using a company vehicle
- Report maintenance/house needs in a timely manner
- Respond to and read work communication in a timely manner
Read paperwork and charting notes before each shift
- Age 21 and older
- Pass background check
- Healthy work history
- Clean driving history
- Experience in mental health, wilderness therapy or residential treatment settings preferred
- Physically able to hike & mountain bike at beginner level
- Up to date resume and 3 professional letters of recommendation
- Potential shifts between the hours of:
M-F: 8:30am- 11pm
- Potential shifts between the hours of:
- Depending on hours desired, work 2-5 shifts per week. Weekend shifts may be required upon discussion.
- 1 year commitment
Salary & Benefits
- Health insurance and HSA benefits for Full-time - 30 hours and above
- EAP plan provided for free
- 40 hours per year of paid time off eligible after a year of employment
- Benefits will increase with each year of employment
- $17/hour starting pay after completion of training
- Flexible scheduling
- Pro-deals available
- First Aid and CPR training provided
- Utah Food Handlers’ certification provided
- Level 1 WholeLife Life coach certification provided, work towards Level 2 certification along with our current life coaches
Interested in Applying?
Engage's Statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Engage Transitions is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion, equality, diversity and respect. We know that we are able to grow, learn and thrive best with a diverse team of employees, where each of our individual experiences, expression and expertise are valued. We believe in staying rooted in our values as an organization; to be a safe space, to be good allies, to learn about our shortcomings and to elevate the voices of others. We encourage our staff to bring their full self to the workplace, to expand their knowledge and to engage in a community advocating for inclusion and respect.
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you bring in terms of education, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. Start a conversation with us about how you can join our growing team of exceptional people.