Ideal Candidates Attributes
- Embodies Engage’s values of connection, attachment driven, honoring developmental growth, curiosity minded, attunement, radical ownership and health.
- Passionate for the outdoors, active lifestyle, and community service.
- Is adventurous. Open to learning new skills and participating in skiing, mountain biking, hiking and getting out there and having a growth mindset.
- Professional and healthy in managing their life and relationships.
- Ability to see people for who they are, their potential, and where they can be.
- Excellent at connecting and communicating with others.
- Values authenticity and participates in a work culture of honesty, open communication and feedback.
- Reports to the Director of Student Life.
- Complete WholeFit Life Coaching certification that will be paid for and provided by Engage.
- Mentor and coach college age students with depression and anxiety to gain confidence and skills in developing independence.
- Provide direct observation and support to Engage’s young adults.
- Work side-by-side and actively participate with the young adults in their daily schedule and activities, such as yoga, community service, and physical exercise just to name a few.
- Provide daily client progress charting
- In conjunction with the leadership team, respond to and support clients in crisis
- Work collaboratively with therapists, other life coaches and the Cedar City community
- Conduct weekly Life Coaching sessions with your assigned clients
- Participate in weekly trainings and team meetings
- Pass background check
- Healthy work history
- Clean driving history
- Physically able to hike, ski/snowboard, rock climb and mountain bike at beginner level
- Age 21 and older
- Up to date resume and 3 professional references
- Potential shifts: M-F; 7am-3pm; 2:30pm-10:30pm, Weekends: Sat-Sun; 9am-4pm; 3:30pm-11pm. Depending on hours desired, work 2-5 shifts per week. Weekend shifts may be required upon discussion.
- 1 year commitment
Salary & Benefits
- Health insurance and HSA benefits for Full-time - 30 hours and above
- 40 hours per year of paid time off eligible after a year of employment
- Benefits will increase with each year of employment
- $17.00/hour starting pay
- Flexible scheduling and On-call pay available
- Pro-deals available
- First Aid and CPR training provided
Engage's Statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Engage Transitions is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion, equality, diversity and respect. We know that we are able to grow, learn and thrive best with a diverse team of employees, where each of our individual experiences, expression and expertise are valued. We believe in staying rooted in our values as an organization; to be a safe space, to be good allies, to learn about our shortcomings and to elevate the voices of others. We encourage our staff to bring their full self to the workplace, to expand their knowledge and to engage in a community advocating for inclusion and respect.
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you bring in terms of education, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. Start a conversation with us about how you can join our growing team of exceptional people.